Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Memories of a great man

Yesterday was not just flag day to me it was the anniversary of my fathers death. It's hard to believe that he has been gone for 19 years. I have written before how I was a daddy's girl and how he was a great influence on me and my life. I miss him dearly but I know he is watching me and he is proud of the progress in my life. I just wish he was here beside me as my book is about to be released. I just want to see the pride in his eyes as I tell him how excited I am. The publishers asked me for my Media Contacts so this says the big day is nearly here. I remember all the advice my father gave me over the years and I have to admit that I am the person I am because of his gentle voice and his patience. He instilled in me this thirst for knowledge by telling me stories from his life. Both my parents insisted that my siblings and I be respectful to everyone which I feel is an important trait to have. Not everyone is as polite and respectful as they should be. My father was a very patient man and I feel that is where I get my patience from. He was laid back as am I and I even look like him. I just wanted to make this blog a tribute to the man that most influenced my life; James Gayheart Rodd. My father was a stationary engineer and worked in the bowels of the skyscrapers that made the Houston Skyline. I remember once as we drove through the Hill Country him commenting on how much he loved the area and would love to live there. I asked "Daddy why don't we move here?" His answer was "There are no jobs for me here" Well I can say now Daddy I am living in the place we both thought was so beautiful. I am living our dream. I felt I had often let my father down but now I see that he loved me regardless. It's Fathers Day and I want to say Happy Fathers Day to the greatest father a girl could ever want. I love you daddy and I miss you. I am so excited about all the good things to come to me in the future. I wanted to say thanks for giving me the best things about you and because of that I will soar. I love you.
Keyloulou

No comments: