Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Friday, October 17, 2008

Grapes and Cheese please

Last night my friend Sharon and I went to the Arts Gala at the Marble Falls Library. They were celebrating local artist and authors. I did learn that my book “Out of the Texas Mist” didn’t stay on the shelf. I found out that as soon as someone brought it back it was checked out again. Wow I am so happy that others are enjoying my book as much as I enjoyed writing it. Sharon and I enjoyed looking at the paintings and discussing what we felt with each one then we realized that the gala was mostly older people sitting around listening to music and eating grapes and cheeses while drinking wine. We stayed an hour then headed off to the local drug store chain to buy vitamins. I ended staying up late into the evening editing “Case of the Dead Husband” getting it ready for the publisher in December. I still haven’t purchased a computer so I will have to wait to finish typing what I wrote in that purple spiral which included the ending of the book.
On another note I gave Linda B. the store operator a copy of “Out of the Texas Mist “for her birthday. She read it in two days which she said was a record for her because she could not put it down. I laughed as she raved out loud to everyone in the break room about how much she loved my book. Sherri one of the sweepers heard her then went to the local book store to order the book. Now the Manager of the book store wants to work with me on a book signing. See how one good deed leads to great things happening.

Well needless to say I still haven’t connected with Kinky and he said for me to call him today so we could discuss “Case of the Missing Texas Star, Who took my Kinky?” It is tough when he is so busy but I’m patient and I know we will get our little chat. It will be a tough weekend for me because I will be working alone which means I will have to make all those cake orders all by myself. I did get some great news from my kids. It seems that the soon to be ex husband has moved his new girlfriend in and they plan on getting married when the divorce is final. Well good for him I am glad to see that he is moving forward with his life allowing me to move forward with mine. Look out world here I come.

No comments: