Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Monday, November 26, 2007

I love my Truck




My 1967 F100 has fast become my favorite vehicle ever. She is so pretty she turns heads where ever I go. I enjoy people walking up to me and asking what year is that. I proudly say she is a 67 ain't she pretty.
There is nothing more enjoyable than driving a classic vehicle. Mostly men young and old come up to me to make a comment but recently I had a soccer mom come up to me and tell me that she was jealous. She explained she needed her big SUV to tote the kids and the groceries but would give her eye teeth for my truck.
I gave her a big smile and said thanks I love my truck and I get up every morning and thank God that my kids are grown and I can now have the life I gave up to be a mom. Laughing she told me she was more than green with envy now because she had her life then married and had kids. She explained she would soon be 50 and still had a four year old to contend with.
When I told her I was 48 and looking forward to having the fun I missed out on she laughed and said "Honey get in that truck and have some fun for me".
I don't know what the best way to look at marriage and kids is but I married young had my kids and now that they are all grown with lives of their own I am ready to strike out and enjoy the life I gave up for marriage and family. I not only married for the wrong reason but I stayed for the wrong reason but then I was raised with a strong sense of duty. Plus no one told me that the TILL DEATH DO YOU PART thing would take so long.
Lots of people have their fun when they are young then settle down for a life with their chosen spouse. I believe I tried to be everything for the wrong person so now I am looking at the single side but I'm not afraid of being alone. Right now I am just looking forward to independence and telling myself it's never too late.
Who knows maybe there is a Mr. Right out there and I just had to go through the life experiences I had just to be ready for him. It dosn't really matter though as long as I have Mickey and Domino here to keep me company I will never truly be alone. Their love cannot be matched by any human.

No comments: