Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Friday, November 23, 2007

Living with a wiener

For those of you that know me well know I live with several Boston Terriers and love the breed. For the past 13 years I have been a fan of the breed.
Just recently my youngest son's girl moved in with us and brought along her Dachshund. I have never personally lived with a dachshund before but have been thrust into the wiener culture without wishing to. My biggest fear was how would the BT's handle living with a hot dog that walks which she resembles. I was more concerned that Twinkie, my son's mostly white BT which we lovingly call the Nazi or white supremest skin head would try to harm the adorable red wiener at first glance since she is anti any other breed other than Boston Terrier. Twinkie took the new addition in stride by ignoring her presence for a while. The other BT's seemed to not care at all that their home had been invaded by a dog that is two inches from the ground and has a long nose and tail. That was when I started noticing the little wiener sitting in my son's lap a majority of the time and not his beloved Twinkie whom would sit on the back of the sofa and observe the wiener in her Bubba's lap. That was when I started to comment to my son that his wiener loved him or say hey look your wiener is standing up when she would sit erect in his lap. This brought laughs to us all except for Twinkie of course who sat on the back of the sofa and glared at the little red wiener.
One weekend as we were having a bonfire I sat back and observed the wiener and Twinkie patrolling the fence line together. I thought since I had already downed a few shots of Jameson Irish Whiskey and a few beers maybe I was seeing things so I ask the person next to me which happened to be the wieners mom if I was seeing things. She replied no they are working in tandem. That was when I realized what was going on. The thing is since the wiener is of German origin and controlling she must be of the Nazi persuasion which just fits right in with the little white skinhead. The wiener and the Boston had bonded and were now working as a team. The ball obsessed wiener now had taught the white Boston how to be ball obsessed and the couch climbing I think I'm a cat Boston Terrier had taught the wiener to climb on the back of the sofa and recline like a cat.
Twinkie has been a vocal dog to begin with and we had grown used to her meowing and attempts to talk but now the wiener had learned to be vocal also so all I hear are whimpers from the wiener wanting me to throw the ball or for me to retrieve the ball that has been placed out of her reach by an annoyed human that had grown tired of her incessant whining. Twinkie could care less about the ball being retrieved but she meows and chatters for attention that she feels the wiener is taking away from her.
As for the rest of the BT crew they just lay around and watch the wiener and Twinkie try to control the house and the people in it. I can not tell you how many times I have been awaken at night by the cold nose of the wiener and her soft whimper wanting attention.
The scary part was waking up to a sweet soft body next to me and reaching down to pat my beloved Mickey or Domino only to feel the silky soft coat of the wiener in my bed. That was where I draw the line. I don't mind sleeping with a few Boston Terriers but by god I do not ever want to wake up with a red wiener at my side ever again.
I gently picked her up and carried her to my son's room where I placed her in his bed before remarking that I was single and felt no need to wake up with my hand on a wiener. He said mom your just mad because it was soft.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know you can't hate my weiner.....soft or not!!