Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Snake in the grass

Today was my first official day alone. I was lucky to have it also be my first day off. After working six days straight I came home and cleaned up the kitchen. I didn't bother to eat for the second day in a roll. Oh well I will eat today. Well I got up early for a day off, 8am then my cute little pink cell phone rang and it was my baby son Justin. He rarely calls so I was surprised. He just wanted to tell me about everything he has done to his Mustang and how he is happy that Sheena has helped him so much. It is only fair that the Mustang is in her name now. When he asked what I would be doing today I told him mowing the grass. He laughed and said have fun because this is one thing Justin does not do is labor. Once he hung up I dressed and took the dogs out to potty then grabbed the gas can and lawn mower then began mowing the lawn. One thing I have discovered about this part of the Hill Country is the ground is very rocky. Of course we are just down the road from Granite Mountain which supplied the granite to build the State Capital. I guess thus the name Granite Shoals. When the front yard was done I realized that I had to cut the yard next door because this also belongs to Donald and Sharon. That was a breeze and the temp started to rise. When I pulled the lawn mower into the adjoining back yard I was amazed that the grass was almost knee deep in some place. Regardless I worked my way through the high grass one section at a time. The thin grass in the front was no comparison to the thick tall grass in the back. After moving the trampoline I tackled the thickest patch of them all and nearly had a fit when a fat snake slithered out of the tall grass right across my feet followed by two smaller ones just a few feet ahead of me. I tell you they were well fed on bugs and such because they were fat. Once the snake parade passed I completed the job then headed into the house where I sat on my bed and let Mater and Stewie lick me to cool me down. I think
I will shower and relax the rest of my day off now that I have ruined the snakes happy hunting grounds.

No comments: