Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hermits and Hismits

After reading Kinky Friedman’s article in Texas Monthly I thought it was weird that he thought himself a hermit. I figured a hermit never came out of their cave or cabin. He told of a cute tale he was told when he was a child and a camper at his families summer camp Echo Hill. Then the end of the article he admits that he was the hermit of Echo Hill. Frankly I do not see him as a hermit but who am I to argue with the Kinkster.

When my sons and their women came to visit last weekend I learned that I was considered a hermit. I found this a strange thing to tell me considering I had just read the article a week before. It was Sheena that told me this in passing as we were eating out at Justin’s favorite restaurant The River City Grill. Sheena’s mom Sharon and her Grandfather Roger said that all I do is go to work then came home. I have been accused of never going out or visiting with neighbors. I found this funny coming from a man that calls me Wal-Mart. I don’t visit because by the time I get home I just want to relax and spend time with Mater and Bridgett. I do not date because well no one has asked. Feeling a bit hurt I just tried to shrug this off but it bothered me. Yesterday I talked to my daughter Kikki and I asked her if she thought I was a hermit. Her answer was “Mom you have always been kind of a loner and yes you are a hermit. If you could find a way to make money from home you would never go anywhere. Face it mom you are just the female version of Kinky. If he could sell his books with out doing book signings he would never leave his lodge.”
“No Kinky would still go to Vegas he likes to gamble” I replied in defense of my favorite cowboy.
I guess my daughter opened my eyes so now I will have to work on getting out more. Sharon and Donald have convinced me that I need to move back into their house though because they are afraid I will become to depressed then isolate myself.
I have had a few phone calls from my ex-husband’s new girlfriend and the divorce is being pushed through because the two of them want to get married. I am happy for the two of them but mostly I am happy that he is no longer holding on and I will finally be free. The kids on the other hand are pressuring me to move back to the area so I can be in their lives again. I love the Hill Country and I don’t want to leave but for some reason I feel the Marble Falls area is not where I truly need to be. I would love to be closer to The Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch so I can volunteer. The wonderful thing is all my options are open so I guess I will go where the wind blows me. I will be submitting Case of the Dead Husband to the publisher next month so I will be busy making last minute revisions up through the holidays then I can focus my mind onto Case of the Missing Texas Star Who Took My Kinky. Maybe being busy will make me a bigger hermit in those neighbors’ eyes. The funny thing is I like being who I am. I entertain my co-workers and customers at Wal-Mart while I am there then I come home and spend time with the two dogs that love me for who I am.

No comments: