Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Salute

I have to admit that I enjoy my job most of the time. I have a few favorite customers that I see on a regular basis and one of those we have dubbed the cookie monster because he jokes with us about hiding the free samples when we know he is in the store. Last week I had a cake order to do for the Marines 233rd Birthday. Since I love a man in uniform and respect people that belong to the military I put a little extra love into decorating the cake. On my day off I went into the store to buy some food and after a little ribbing by a few fellow associates about not being able to stay away on my day off Nickey called me over to the counter. She informed me that the Cookie Monster came in and he wanted to know who did the cake for the Marines. I replied " What did I do wrong?"
"Cindy they loved it!" she exclaimed.
Friday when I returned to work Nickey said to go to the Customer Service Desk. "I just got here how can I be in trouble already?" I mumbled.
"It's good I promise" she replied as I removed my apron and walked out the swinging door.
The CSM handed me a file folder and said congratulations. When I opened the folder I found a certificate proclaiming me an Honorary Marine. I thought this is so cool so when I got off work I immediately bought a document frame for the certificate then hung it proudly on my wall. Monday while I was working by myself Cookie Monster walked up. I thanked him for the certificate and we had a nice chat. We stood there sharing pictures of our art on our phones and I told him about Out of the Texas Mist then handed him my card. He promised he was going to Serendipity Books to order a copy and wanted me to sign it. I was so happy that I had met someone else from the Houston Area that now calls the Hill Country home and possibly gained another reader.Before he left he exclaimed "Remember once a Marine always a Marine" I'm happy to be a Honorary Marine because I didn't have to do it the hard way and endure all those push ups.

No comments: