Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Love the Older Men

Last night as I was on my late lunch break I sat there trying to write more of my continuing saga Case of the Missing Texas Star Who Took My Kinky? but for some reason Kinky was failing me(maybe because he has been kinkynapped). One of the older gentlemen that I love to chat with walked up and started asking questions about the writing process. I like Dan he is a sweet fellow with all sorts of interesting stories. Somehow the subject ended up on genealogy and Texas History and I learned he is a direct descendant from a Gillispe that has his name on the San Jacinto Monument. I was fascinated as he told me of other ties to more important people in American History along with Texas History. I am the first to admit that I love Texas and her rich history. I remember the first time I had a huge let down was when I was in the sixth grade and my mother couldn't help me prove that I was from more than two generations of native Texans. I wanted to be a member of the D.A.R. but my father was the first Texan in his family and My mom wasn't for sure if she was the first or second. Maybe now that I am an adult I can research this to see. Needless to say Dan has convinced me that I need to have even more conversations with him.

No comments: