Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day at the Lake




Today being my day off from the Salt Mine I call Wal-Mart I decided that I needed some sunshine and fresh air. I put Mater and Bridgett's harnesses on and tied on matching bandannas before throwing on an old pair of jeans that kept sliding off my hips so I grabbed a belt and tightened it up so I didn't show my underwear even though this is the fashion to some. Once we headed out the door Bridgett was excited to ride in my truck. She hopped right in but Mater still has a bit of a problem with riding in my truck. I don't know what his problem is with riding in the seat with me but he gets upset. Once Bridgett was in and ready to go Mater seemed to settle down and relax. "Well what do you know" I exclaimed as I looked over to see Mater sitting there next to Bridgett all happy and smiling. Since we don't live very far from the lake the drive was short but enjoyable. I had put my Rascal Flats CD in and was singing along to "Here" as I drove. Bridgett didn't seem to mind the sing along but Mater was looking at me like I had lost my mind. When we arrived at the Park we all jumped out of my little red truck and headed to the water. I warned them to hold off on the water until I got a couple of pictures. Mater started to get impatient because he had never seen a lake before and he wanted to feel the water on his toes. Bridgett was more interested on the cypress trees that lined the bank. Once pictures were over I let the kids explore and sniff around for awhile until it was time to leave. I wasn't sure which way to go when we left so I said "Let’s just let the road take up somewhere new." I followed the road as it twisted and turned went down and up and curved. I didn't know where I was but the scenery was beautiful and I had a tank of gas. I figured I would come out on a road that sounded familiar so I kept driving and following other cars as they turned in front of me. I was surprised that I wasn't lost when we finally hit 1431. I can say we had a great time and an adventure.

No comments: