Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Thursday, July 24, 2008

I have a new daughter


I have a new daughter and her name is Bridgett Bardot. She is not a Boston Terrier she is much larger but she came into my life for a reason. I have this habit of visiting the Utopia Animal Rescue's web site and just looking at the pictures of the dogs that they have rescued. Last year I remember seeing one dog with the saddest eyes ever so I clicked on the picture to read Bridgett Bardot is back. It told that she was returned because she had torn up the seat on a four wheeler. I was so outraged that some one would return a dog for a stupid reason like that. I remember telling my daughter Kikki that I wanted to be Bridgett's mom. At the time I was still living in a bad place and Mickey and Domino was still there at my side so I guess it was more of a wish than a plan. I did say that once I was moved and had my own place that if Bridgett was still available I wanted to go to the Utopia Rescue Ranch and adopt her. Well as I have mentioned in my previous post I ended up escaping the bad situation I was in and moved closer to the rescue ranch. Not close enough to volunteer like I would love to do but still much closer than I was before. I moved into my own place on July 9th and two weeks later I drove up to the Rescue Ranch with my friend Sharon for a visit with Cousin Nancy and Tony. Before I left I had adopted Bridgett Bardot and had a new daughter. Bridgett is the sweetest thing and lays by my feet no matter where I am in the house. Mater is a little terror running wild from room to room and she is so laid back and quiet I'm wondering if she will ever play like Mater. I called my kids to tell them they had a new sister and my daughter was ecstatic. She said Mom I'm so glad you adopted Bridgett. That is one more thing that you said you were going to do that actually happened. I can't wait to meet her. Nancy gave me a signed copy of her book The Road to Utopia How Kinky, Tony and I saved more animals than Noah. I was estatic to receive a signed copy and laughed once I got home and saw that she had signed it to Cindy Windy after me telling her the story of how the x had called me that to irritate me. I love Nancy and Tony and all that they do at the rescue ranch. If you have the space for a needy life then go to Utopiarescue.com and look at those beautiful animals that need forever homes. You will never regret opening your heart and your home to a rescued pet.

No comments: