Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Friday, July 18, 2008

On Living Alone

Now that I am finally moved into my own place I truly feel independent. To me this is a big accomplishment. I know that I have been an independent person for a long time and had been sole provider for my family for a few years. I was the person that made sure we had a roof over our heads and food in the kids stomachs but for some reason it did not make me feel complete because Tom was always there telling me I was useless. I cannot tell you how good it feels to look around and realize that you are doing it on your own. It is like the first time you realize that you are riding your bike solo and no one is holding on to the seat to make sure you don't fall. Life is meant to be lived to its fullest and I am going to make sure that I live mine. Mater is a little lonely for the Poms that we lived with but hopefully when we go to the Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch next week I will bring him home a brother or sister to keep him company while I am at work or busy cleaning house. I have a lot of unpacking to do and I wonder where I will put my collectibles and craft stuff but I will figure it out the same way I will figure out what to do about not having appliances. As long as I have the mini refrigerator to keep my milk and yogurt in and a microwave to cook soup in I am okay. Last night I chatted on the phone with my old neighbor and friend Alice Branton. She was happy to hear my voice and told me she had called the 1-800-wal-mart number to request they carry Out of the Texas Mist but ended up getting someones voice mail. She said she left a message and was planning on calling again today. You see it is people like her that keep me chugging through life. The people that love and support you because you are their friend. I have been there for her on a number of occasions and now she is there for me. All she ask is I make her a character in my next book. I laughed and said no problem I will need a sidekick to help me find Kinky. Oops I don't want to give away any story details but Kinky will be missing in the third book. Since Case of the Dead Husband is nearly through I have ended up coming up with the third book Case of the Missing Texas Star Who took my Kinky?
I am hoping that the Kinkster will help me on the third book unless he wants to put his two cents into Case of the Dead Husband I guess I can ask him this next week when I go to the Ranch to deliver his copy of Out of the Texas Mist I planned on taking Cousin Nancy a copy too because she has been such a great friend mentioning my book and myself in her blog and encouraging me every time we talk. She said she was excited that I was coming up to find a brother or sister for Mater. I am excited to see her and Tony again and of course I am excited to see Kinky again. I don't think he knows what an influence he has been on me. He is that big bright star in the field of blue on the state flag. Okay he would probably say "don't put me up on a pedestal." My reply would be "but you look so damn good up there on that pedestal." LOL
I just want to thank the Universe for pushing me in the right direction and bringing the right people in my life to make sure that I have the right influence I need to go as far as I can and accomplish all I need to accomplish in this lifetime. I am so grateful.
Now it is time to head off to work and enjoy another day of smearing icing on cakes and hoping they look pretty enough to satisfy the customers. Then I will come home to a sweet little dog that is happy to see me and chew on my arm because I left him alone in an empty house to have to play alone and snooze all day. I will continue to unpack and clean until I feel it is done. If there are boxes left then oh well they will stay packed.

No comments: