Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

To Store or Not To Store







Since most of my stuff sits in a storage facility John and I decided it would be cheaper to buy a storage building and place it by the Pea Pod. We started by building a platform to erect the building on. John had fun clowning around and keeping me laughing as the sweat poured off the two of us.






Once we screwed down the last piece of plywood I commented that John had built us a dance floor. He led me to the centred of the platform and said wait right here. He then ran into the pea pod and played an Elvis song. He ran back out so we could dance on our newly erected dance floor under that beautiful blue Texas sky.


Of course Mater had to get involved. After a full days work we went in to shower and rest up. On Saturday we started to erect the building by carefully following directions. Sometimes they didn't make sense on the order of things but we did not question the instructions.


After spending most of the day Saturday fighting with the tin and poor John getting one cut after another we were nearly through. John sat down to give Mater and Bridget some needed attention. We had to chase Mater away a few times because he kept bringing his golf ball over then dropping it on the wood floor. He would grin at the ker plunk then watch the ball roll.

We put the doors on the next day after much needed time away to run errands. With the building complete all that is left to do is position it where we want it on the platform and screw it down. We also decided to build a lean to of sorts on one side so we can store our fishing poles out of the weather. John commented on the fact I was not in any of the pictures. I replied I was the one behind the camera.



While we were busy doing this I found out that Publish America has went up on the prices of the books they Publish. I am now wondering if I should look for another publisher or possibly Self Publish. More about this later.

No comments: