Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

She needs to get a clue



It has been 7 days since my after chemo shot and for some reason I am having a sick day. Usually by this date I am in my building week and I am able to do some things. Possibly since I had two doctor appointments this week I used up what good energy I had on those days so now I need to rest and build back up. I need to remind myself that with chemo nothing is certain other than you will be tired and feel sick.  
As I sat in the little examining room yesterday waiting for my turn to see the doctor I was able to hear what was going on in the adjoining room. Dr. Samiian walked in and was explaining to the patient that she did indeed have breast cancer. She explained the different treatment plans and the process. The patient was more concerned with losing her hair than the fact she could lose her life without treatment. I wanted to yell out what is more important your hair or your life?

I am not my hair and I am not my breast. I am a thriving woman that just happens to have breast cancer. I fight with every ounce of my being and I do not let these things define who I am. I am caring, industrious, grateful, driven and happy. That is what describes me.

I think this lady needed to Get A Clue from Cindy Lou!

No comments: