Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Monday, September 22, 2014

The big challenge

In March 2014 I decided to pack up my little KIA Soul then load up the Boston Crew and head off to Florida to join John and become his wife. I had been married for 27 years to a man that did not know how to be nice and all of my kids were now grown and had lives of their own. John had been in my life since 2008 and to tell the truth I was pretty much stuck on him. We were married in a beautiful Park in Jacksonville Florida on a cool spring day in March with our four Boston Terriers at our sides. Our lives were what we thought perfect and we were ready to start our lives together. A few days later as i was scratching I found something hard in my left breast. "crap" was all I could say and I asked John to confirm my find. Since I was still a full time student I was still looking for work which meant no insurance. I learned of the University of Florida Health care program and called for an appointment. Getting approved for their City Plan took a few months so my first doctor visit was in mid June. The Physician's assistant that examined me ordered a mammogram, Ultrasound and a biopsy. The mammogram did not take place until mid August. The biopsy was mid September. Here I am now on September 22 waiting for my first appointment with the breast surgeon on October 7th. From the time that I found the lump it has been 7 months.
After the mammogram and ultrasound I was advised that there was a highly suspicious tumor in my breast as well as one on my axillary lymph node. The biopsy results state that the breast tumor is a poorly differentiated infiltrating ductal cell carcinoma that rates on the Nottingham Histologic grade 3. This is all Greek to me so I will spend the next couple of days researching what this means. I have began to write down questions for the doctor. This stupid cancer will not hold me down and it is in for a fight!

No comments: