Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Monday, January 26, 2015

It's not over until the fat lady sings!



After a quick appointment with the Oncologist I left happy but a little perturbed. My last Chemo treatment on February 10th will not be my last for good. After surgery and possibly during proton radiation treatment I will have to go to the infusion center once a month for Herceptin infusions for a year.  The doctor ordered a scan and was pleased that she could not find the tumors. Well I still have  a great treatment plan and wonderful doctors.
Herceptin is the drug that targets HER2 gene tumors.
Herceptin is approved for the treatment of early-stage breast cancer that is Human Epidermal growth factor Receptor 2-positive (HER2+) and has spread into the lymph nodes. (http://www.herceptin.com/)
Well at least instead of 6 to 7 hours in the chemo chair I will be there 1 ½ to 2 hours at the most. The problem is Herceptin is the drug that gives me the intestinal problems along with dizziness and nausea.  I guess I will just get used to these issues but I want to be productive and with the intestinal problems I am stuck near the bathroom for at least a week . 
There has been one plus to all of these drugs. I have lost over 40 lbs since this all began in April and the diagnosis in September. I am not complaining and so far the doctor has not chided me like she said she would if I lost too much weight. I weighed in today and was worried when the nurse told me my weight. I have plenty to spare so that may be why the doctor did not say a word.
I guess it is not over until the fat lady sings and the way things are going I won't be the singing fat lady that puts an end to it....woopie!!

No comments: