Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Friday, January 9, 2015

Smoke em if you got em



Exhaustion played a big role in my recovery during this round of chemotherapy. I went into the infusion exhausted and it seemed that the exhaustion was multiplied afterward. I have figured out that I will not have nausea as bad if I begin the anti-nausea medicine just after chemo and continue to do so every 6 hours for the next 4 to 5 days. My biggest problem is eating. Nothing taste good and I have to actually force myself to eat and wash it down with water or Sprite.
The big move was done just after the chemo treatment on my good day so that I wouldn’t have to deal with the after effect and the move. Of course I didn’t help with the move I just drove the car to pick up the truck then drove the fur babies from one house to the other. It was exhausting just watching the men.
I noticed the cooler weather affected me in a way that I have never experienced before.  Usually cold doesn’t bother me, I just put on more layers and adjust. Now the cold seems to sap my energy and I have a harder time getting warm. No matter how much I wrapped up in the covers and how many warm bodies I had in the covers with me I could not warm up. My muscles and joints ache due to the cold and I am afraid I will catch a cold. With lowered immunities a simple cold can get worse easily. Another new issue that seemed to arise during this round is I have a number of raised sore bumps like pimples or abscesses.  I leave them alone and let them work their course. There was one in the center of my head which I found puzzling. 
During all of this I remain positive and know that no matter how bad I feel or how aggravating the symptoms become I am winning the fight. Those aliens can fight back all they want this is my body and I am going to win. With so many people praying for me and sending me positive vibes I can’t help but be positive. I do admit that I was getting upset with myself during day four when I was feeling so weak and tired that it was hard to hold my head up. I remember my mother telling me that her head felt so heavy she couldn’t hold it up. I understand what she was trying to say. I was so weak it took all I had to get up and go to the bathroom. When I get this weak I wish there was something I could drink or take that would make me just want to eat. This is the time marijuana may come in handy. When you have the munchies you eat just to eat and you really can’t taste a thing. By eating my body will have something to give me energy, the problem is I don’t smoke and marijuana is illegal in Florida. 
John keeps commenting on how much weight I have lost but according to the scale it is only 20 or so pounds. My clothes are falling off me and I have added 3 new holes to my belt and could probably add another. Of course I will not complain about weight loss I have a fat storage a bear would be jealous of. Maybe the alien is eating the fat thinking I will be pissed off. Take those reserves you aliens see if I care. 

No comments: