Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Who's to Blame?



Since there has not been breast cancer in my family I contemplated how I ended up with two tumors. My mother was a huge influence on me as it usually happens. It is believed that the one parent that you spent the most time with influences your behaviors; you can thank my mother for my East Texas crazy.

I remember my mother lecturing us as we wanted silky panties and bras as teens and young adults. Not only was she the one that approved our clothing but it was her that purchased it so we had to follow her advice. She lectured that you should wear cotton panties and bras. “I have always wore cotton bras and panties and I have never had female problems” was her lecture.

Could this be proven? Should we do a scientific survey to see how many women only wear cotton and of those how many have had female problems? Maybe cancer is genetic because we follow our ancestors in behaviors?  Frankly I believe that we all have cancer cells in our bodies as a part of our makeup and certain cells begin their abnormal growth due to factors such as life style and environment.  My mother went through menopause with no issues other than just being mean at times but again that could just have been her personality.  I had all sorts of issues with hot flashes but of course I wore silky panties and polyester blend bras until I had my first child then I began wearing cotton blend. I often wondered if my mother realized that her cotton bras were not all cotton. As a matter of fact only the cups were cotton and the elastic was of a totally different material.

I wonder if I can hold Fruit of the Loom, Hanes and Playtex responsible for my medical condition?

No comments: