Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Random Men and the Pointer Sisters



Day two of radiation is over and tomorrow makes day three then the weekend I am free. As I lay there topless on the table trying to ignore the men that are placing marks and stickers at various points of my upper torso I was thinking that when I had the two lazy girls very few of the male population had seen them in their natural state. Since the Pointer Sisters have been developed they have been seen by more men than I can keep track of. Every day some new fella is introducing himself as he pulls my gown down to put the Pointer Sisters on display. I am private in most respects but the weird thing is I am getting used to all of the random people examining my two new starlets.

Radiation is the final step in my treatment although I will not be through with the infusions until October. This past year has been filled with setbacks and very low days but all in all the treatment for the stupid Alien intruder has run smoothly. Yes there were days on end that I was so week I could not eat or drink and then the issue of the surgical incisions that refused to stay together but I have to say that I am lucky to have such wonderful care.

The important thing to remember is that I am cancer free! Monday there will be an ultrasound to check on that growth in my cervix to make sure it did not grow from the original ultrasound to now. They have the feeling that it was also a tumor but the chemo did its job destroying all alien cells in my body. Chemo may be hard on the body but it does its job. I did learn that it is important to remain positive and take to heart all of the prayers and well wishes. I look forward to the remaining years with the Pointer Sisters but pretty soon I need to wean them off of being center stage.

No comments: