Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

That's My Excuse and I'm Sticking To It



The last few days have been confusing for me. I get light headed when I get up from the sitting position and if I bend over I have to hold onto something when I rise up or I will fall. The weakness and dizzy feeling plaques me. During conversations I search for words that seem to be hiding somewhere in the grey brain matter playing hide and seek. I know this is just a lingering result of the chemo drugs but it seems to pop up from time to time.

We were standing outside talking with our neighbor and I had to fight the urge to grab onto the fence to steady myself. It is things like this that frustrate me. Today I begin the Radiation portion of the treatment and I have been told that I mat experience tiredness and to just give in and rest when needed. This is only for six weeks so I know I can do this. The whole experience of breast cancer has been enlightening. I have learned that there are a lot of people out there that have gone through the process and are celebrating anniversaries of being cancer free. I have also learned that there are a lot of men and women still enduring the process and many more just beginning their battle. I am grateful for all of the support that I have received from everyone and the encouragement that has kept me going. I have remained positive and reminded myself that this too shall pass. The other day I talked with a nice woman that has been 8 years cancer free and she is still experiencing the cognitive issues that plague me. I believe that is one of the side effects that drive me nuts. Well at least I have an excuse when I say something that doesn’t make sense or sounds just outright dumb. “Excuse me but I am dealing with chemo brain today”

No comments: