Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Cake and Eat it Too


Class 3 cake




practice roses





Ants on my melon cake

Today was a tough day for me. I had a bunch of orders plus more people came in expecting a cake today. I wish customers would be more considerate. We have a lot of orders and it is just so inconsiderate to walk in or call and expect us to make you a cake. I am all about customer service but come on people we are not miracle workers. There are days that we have so many orders we are literally rushing through the day to make sure all are done on time. Then there are days we start behind and never catch up. Today was one of those days. Then at the last minute someone called in and wanted a cake for 7am. Since Wal-Mart has cut our hours and I no longer go in at 7am I had to make the cake giving up my last break which I badly needed. I did manage to make one of my favorite cakes today. I love doing the Ants on My Melon Cake.

Then as I finished filling the case before leaving I realized that after a full day of icing cakes I had a cake class to go to. Well the class was great and my cake turned out pretty great.
I am enjoying taking the class and to make things better I now have a lot of neat tools to make cakes at home.

No comments: