Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Sunday, June 14, 2009

I Can't Believe it has been that long

Today marks the twentieth anniversary of my fathers death. I was a daddy's girl for most of my life. I would follow him around when he was at home. When we went shopping I would opt to hang around my dad not my mother. I would hang around him as he piddled around the garage and yard. I even helped work on the family vehicles. I learned a lot from my father. He used to tell me little things like "If you lose your temper you lose" or "Walk softly and carry a big stick" and tell me all sorts of tales about his life as a child and young adult. I never heard my father raise his voice or curse. He had large strong hands but a gentle touch. I remember sitting and watching his hands as he repaired the family station wagon. I remember long summer drives through Texas. My dad was a wonderful man and I am proud to say I am a lot like him. Maybe I am this way because of his guidance. It doesn't matter I am Keyloulou. The eldest daughter of James Gayhart. I love you Daddy and I miss you tremendously.

No comments: