Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Monday, June 8, 2009

I Dub thee Petunia




Since I am not able to take long walks yet ( as per Dr. Krause) John and I did a little recon mission in the toy department at Wal-mart. After searching through the bikes hanging high above my head I had sticker shock. Didn't they have a bike that I liked that didn't cost half my pay. I have just a couple prerequisites. First it must be multi speed, then it had to be at least 27 inches, last but not least it had to be purple. I will not buy a bike that is any other color than purple. I was about to give up when we rounded the corner to look at the last isle of bikes. There above my head out of my reach was a purple and white 18 speed bike for less than a hundred bucks. That's the one I whispered to John. Being the Marine he is he muscled the bike down from it's lofty perch. I happily walked beside him as he pushed the bike to the front registers. He had threatened to ride it through the store but decided against it because it was my work place. Once the bike was paid for he rode it out of the store and through the parking lot to the truck. I was all smiles I had a new bike. When we arrived home I rode her around the long drive and the house and workshop. I loved her. Today is my first day of vacation so I plan on going for my first long ride around the area. I am starting my goal to be in good enough shape to trek the Appalachia Trail from Georgia to Maine. I have four years to get in shape for that huge undertaking.

No comments: