Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

In the Wild







Yesterday John and I had a great day. We went for a little drive then headed to HEB for supplies before stopping by the Post Office to grab my mail. Of course my mail was mostly junk mail but it was mail none the same. When we made it back to the ranch a mother deer and her fawn were congregating by the fence line. I lifted up the camera to snap a few pictures. I did get a few good ones but most of them were blurry. I was having trouble balancing the camera on the window. The mother deer saw us looking then ran off into the woods. The baby waddled on her wobbly legs over to a tree then lay down. we parked the truck then I snapped a few pictures of the fawn by the tree. John was concerned for the baby. I suggested we go in and give the momma a chance to come back. I assured him that if the fawn was still there in an hour or two we would rescue her and make sure she made it. We went inside and when we returned an hour later the fawn was gone. I just thing nature is wonderful.

No comments: