Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Hair Today Gone Tomorrow



This morning was the last straw. I got up washed my face brushed my teeth and as I brushed out my hair I watched as the sink filled up. I don’t know where it all comes from but each day more and more ends up in the trash bin. I walk through the house leaving a trail of long hair; long hairs are on my chair, my pillow and my clothes. I am more aggravated rather than upset about it because I know what is coming.
When I went to brush my hair to braid it at lunch the sink was filled again. With each braid of my hair my hands came away with even more strands. That was just more than I am willing to put up with so I brought the scissors, combs and clippers out of the bathroom and told John it’s time.
After the emotional task John is still standing and I have a bare dome. I’m okay with having no hair but it seems poor Chesty isn’t sure who I am. He is very upset. I held him and he eagerly kissed me and got excited then looked at me and bolted. Come on I can’t look that bad.  I do know that it feels quite weird when you rub your hand over your bare scalp. I look in the mirror and I see an older version of my youngest Justin. The silver lining is no more hair to clean up except the fur cast off by the BT crew. Shorter showers and the money I spent on hair care products can go to moisturizers for the rest of me.
I will miss my shinny silky locks as I look in the mirror but that was just a small part of me. I am still here just less hairy. Life is good. I have a loving husband, four grown children, wonderful son and daughter in laws, four beautiful and healthy BT’s and a whole host of family and friends that have my back.

No comments: