Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

One Day at a Time



One day at a time really makes progress seem so slow.  I had a great day after climbing out of the last 4 day bad chemo yuck then slipped back the next day. I am a very patient with everything but myself. With food it is a trial and error because some things make it through and others cause problems. My taste buds are off. Things are either too salty or tasteless. Then there are the cravings for foods that I really shouldn’t have. I feel bad for John because he tries his best to ensure that I eat and get plenty of fluids.  When I was sick as a child my mother would give me weak tomato soup and a slice of white bread. That usually works and I had a bowl of Tomato soup and bread successfully on one occasion.  We tried it again and the bread was sour to me so I added crackers the next time. Can soups seem too salty to me and so do most broths. Another trial and error is cereals. One morning I can handle a bowl but the next it gags me. Today I am snacking on a bowl of dry Honey nut Cheerios. The taste is off but milk is a no no of the day.
I get aggravated with not being productive and that makes me cranky or sad. I don’t have a lot of strength after the chemo yuck and it takes a few good days to build back some stamina. I want to sew, craft, paint, make plans and create but all of my artsy crafty stuff is in storage and my sewing machine is on strike. Now I want to embroidery stuff but my embroidery stuff is MIA. John suggested I write on the calendar the good and bad days so I will know what I will face on the next round or have an idea if I feel better sooner or just need to not overdo it on the good days. Maybe I should chart my progress and just do it one day at a time while being grateful for being a survivor.

No comments: