Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Take That You Alien Jerk!



It has been 1 week since my first chemotherapy infusion. Oh my gosh, is all I can say. It was like having a horrible case of the flu combined with food poisoning. I am not exaggerating. I was week and slept most of day three and four then walked around like a zombie the rest of the time. I finally felt half human yesterday so I went on a 20 minute walk with Chesty. I dressed today and went to two doctor appointments then attempted to eat a Whataburger. If you have not had a Whataburger you don’t understand what a joy it is to attempt to eat one. Whataburger is a Texas based fast food chain that has actually expanded out of Texas. When John and I learned that the Dairy Queens in any place other than Texas serves burgers that are unbelievably disappointing. Texas Dairy Queens have a Texas version menu that is only available in Texas. Dairy Queen and Whataburger were the only burgers we both like. Well today in Jacksonville Florida we sat in Texas and had a whataburger.

My mouth is sore and my tongue raw so I spend a lot of time gargling to relieve the sore throat and sore mouth. This is just one of the many side effects that we were warned of. I wake up with a nose full of blood every morning which is relieved with a warm hot cloth and nasal spray. Food has no real taste and you don’t know how hard that is on a fat kid. I love the good taste of foods. Flavor, aroma, and visual appearance is important to me.

The good result of the week from hell is I have lost 5 lbs., I still have my hair, I have 2 weeks to get back on my feet before the next infusion and when the doctor tried to find the tumor on the lymph node she was unsuccessful. Dr. Samiian (the breast surgeon) said that the fact that they could not find the tumor was an excellent discovery due to the fact on my last appointment with her it was easily found. Her goal is to shrink both of the tumors, only need to remove the sentinel lymph node and do a lumpectomy on the tumor in the breast. I think I will continue to suffer through this yuck every three weeks until February if it will shrink those alien jerks to make them easier to remove.
 Take that you alien jerk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy, use some Ayr Saline Nasal Gel with aloe for your nose issues. It helps a lot and makes breathing easier. You should be able to get it at any drug store. I also use Neil Med Sinus Rinse. The saline really helps to heal the sores and stop the bleeding.