Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Monday, April 21, 2008

Big Project day 3 Sunday

Day three started out with us heading over to Ace Hardware to buy nuts, bolts and washers so we could put the front clip back on. I also bought some window weather stripping to put on the body where the fenders bolt on because the body rubber was about gone. When we arrived back home we began putting the truck back together using our Texas engineered parts where needed. While Josh and little Justin were putting the front clip on I was busy pouring the transmission fluid in.
When Josh and Justin figured they had everything back in place and the hoses and wires connected Josh jumped in the cab to fire her up. Once the engine turned over we saw a geyser of oil coming off the back of the engine. Josh had failed to connect the oil sensor. With that mistake fixed we cleaned up the oil and started all over again. This time it was my turn to start her up. Climbing in behind the wheel I turned the key and instantly she fired up. I was so happy I was grinning from ear to ear. Josh said put her in gear and lets load test her. Reaching down I went to slip her in gear and I cracked they had not connected the shifter to the transmission.
At this point Josh had to leave so he could go look at a truck for his father so I was left to clean up the mess and put away the tools. Needless to say the project was not totally done but my part was through. I had to wait for Josh to get back to put the hood on and connect the transmission.
Once it got dark out I figured we were done for the day so I showered and went to bed. Around midnight Josh came in the room to wake me and let me know that my truck was done but it now had an exhaust leak on the drivers side.
That is okay because I had planned to get a pair of chrome stacks to put on her anyway.

Man I love my truck!

No comments: