Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Missing You




I walked by your grave today as I do each time I come and go. I thought of how much I miss you bubba and tears came to my eyes. I sat there with my sketch pad in hand hoping to draw something new but my heart was so empty nothing came to mind.
Kikki told me that she told someone about your death and he cried because he knew how much you meant to me. Mickey you meant a lot to him too. You will never realize how many lives you touched and how many people loved you bubba. Did you realize that with each beat of your heart you made someone happy? Did you know that with each step that you took you carried someone’s love? You did Mickey you were my hope and dreams now I struggle to hold on because I don’t have your big brown eyes there to look at me and encourage me to stay on my path. I don’t have your silent comfort as you lie beside me and show me what true love is as I cry myself to sleep. I get up each morning and say thank you then I shower and dress but sometimes I feel like just going back to bed because I didn’t have you there to comfort me the night before. I am so lonely Mickey.
I know you are better off you are young again and enjoying your wait at the Rainbow Bridge but that still doesn’t ease the pain. I try to fill my life with positive things but they do not fill the empty place in my heart. Today as I worked on my next book I included you in the story because I want you to live on in my tales forever. You will be the constant that keeps the story alive for more books to come. I just wanted to tell you that I miss you and I’m lonely. Be happy bubba because someone will fill that empty spot one day and know that they will never be the friend that you were no matter how hard they try. You stayed at my side during some of the most difficult times in my life. Your unwavering love gave me strength. Now that I need that strength you are gone but I will still draw upon your memory because your love was that perfect. I miss you Mickey. Goodnight.

No comments: