Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Sunday, April 20, 2008

One Big Project but very little time Day One















I am moving soon and getting my life in order. It took losing my two best friends and a little advice from Kinky Friedman to realize that I was procrastinating. This weekend my son Josh, his friend Justin and I started the daunting task of trying to get my truck ready for the 216 mile move. I was offered the chance to move to Marble Falls and stay with some friends but felt like I was invading their privacy. I have this thing about not wanting to bother people so I don't call or visit anyone. Sharon wanted me to move in and be there for companionship and her husband Donald agreed. I enjoy spending time with them and I love their three Poms. I was concerned that Domino would get out up there so I had planned to only let him out when he was on his lead. Before I could even tell Sharon that I had decided to move Domino was killed. Now I have to try and find the comfort I need and move on. Friday we started the project in the afternoon. In order to fix the leaking oil pan the whole engine needed to be lifted. My son decided to make it easier we would remove the engine and transmission all in one piece. Okay that sounds easy but in reality it is a major job. Once we removed the hood we started to remove the grill, front clip, and the fenders. One by one I placed the parts all around the yard. I must admit my flowerbeds looked funny with red fenders sitting in them. When the front end was open we started to assemble the engine hoist only to find out that it didn't work. All the fluid had leaked out of the cylinder. Thank goodness our neighbor Trey came across the street to see what we were doing. I handed him the money and he ran to Wal-Mart to get some hydraulic fluid. Somehow he ended up helping pull the engine. When the engine was out I got busy scrapping off the old oil and dirt from the engine compartment and scrubbing down the engine. Trey called his uncle and he and Josh were off in his jeep to borrow a pressure washer. When they got back I cleaned the engine compartment while they watched. Then Josh sprayed down the engine. Once we saw that it was late we picked up the tools and called it a night. Then I showered and called it a night so we could get an early start Saturday morning.


















No comments: