Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Sunday, April 27, 2008

SDF seeking adventure

Now that I realize that there is nothing holding me here I have planned to move to Marble Falls in May. I wish I could just pack up and leave now but I will need to work a couple weeks to make the money to rent the truck and car hauler go. Sharon and Donald have been so nice to ask me to stay with them until I get on my feet and get my own place. I really love them for their kindness. Today Sharon called and asked me to accompany them to Branson in May for the Polio Survivor Reunion they attend every year then up to Pa. for their son’s wedding in June. I have never been out of Texas and I admit this would be a blast for me. I just hate that I would be putting off the job search for three weeks. This would mean three adults and four fur covered creatures will be making a long drive and sharing a hotel room.

Okay I must admit this does sound like a lot of fun and a chance for me to pull out the old cameras and have a ball taking pictures for my portfolio. The more I think about it the more excited I am getting. Then I begin to worry about the publishers possibly sending me the page proofs right when we leave and me not having the way to access the internet and check my email. They will only give me two weeks to review the pages and accept them or send in my changes. I just need to come up with a lap top within the next couple of weeks because I know for a fact most hotels have wireless service. Now that I have that solved I guess I just need to figure out what to take with me on my new adventure.
I just love how my life has taken a drastic change. I am hurt for the loss of my beloved Mickey and Domino but maybe that was what the Tower card stood for in my Tarot reading. The loss of my babies was the terrible event that was to shake me to my core causing me to make a drastic change in my life. I admit I am well over due and it is time that I stepped out of that comfort zone that has kept me a prisoner in my own life. It is time that I opened my eyes and looked at the world around me then see that there is a life after a long hard road. There is a life after a bad marriage and there is a life once you accept your past as a past and look forward to a brighter future. My lessons have been learned and I accept the path that I am on and look forward to each day as a new adventure.

LOOK OUT WORLD HERE I COME!

No comments: