Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

And so it Goes.. I still have hair!



Chemo yesterday went smoothly and I was able to snack all day thanks to a wonderful anti-nausea medicine called Zofran. The first thing I was given after the nurse accessed my port was two Tylenol and a Benadryl. A bag of saline hung to flush out my line after each medicine was finished dripping. The first medicine given was Herceptin followed by Perjeta which targets the her2 gene of the tumors. Each bag is dripped individually which takes forever or at least it seems that way as you sit there in that chair. Three bags down I had just two bags to go. As each bag was attached to my line the nurse explained what each medicine was and what side effects to alarm her about. When I finally got to the last bag I was happy. Then I was told that I had to be back in 3 weeks and it would be a 6 hour treatment each time. That is just fine with me because a nice young man made rounds to bring me fresh ice water and graham crackers then a sandwich for lunch. To top that off a physical therapist came by to offer a foot and hand massage. It was like being at a spa except you are hooked to a line that has medicines dripping from an IV pole and when you need to go to the bathroom the pole rolls along with you. No problem!
This morning I woke up and was not nauseous which is a huge plus for me. I felt okay so after my coffee and breakfast I showered and washed my hair. There was no hair in the drain so I felt all was good. I had to return to the infusion center today to receive my shot that enhances my white blood cells. As the day went on we noticed my rosy cheeks. Checking my temperature all was fine but I felt warm to touch. As the day grew long I began to feel tired and my bones began to ache.
Now that dinner is done and the evening is here I am exhausted but other than that all is okay. I was told that tomorrow may be tough for me but as I said from the beginning I will take one day at a time and remain positive. I am a survivor!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FIGHT LIKE A GIRL. :-) <3