Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Monday, March 3, 2008

I Just Lost My Best Friend

Tonight we had to take my best friend to the emergency vet because we could no longer manage his pain. Mickey D has been my friend for thirteen and a half years. I am a better person for having Mickey in my life and he has been there for me on many occasions. I sit here with my heart broken trying to hold on to the memories but it's hard not having that warm fur covered body to hug and make me feel better. I love you Mickey and I'm sorry I could not have done more for you. Please wait for me by that Rainbow Bridge and I promise I will look for you when it is my turn to cross. Thank you for being my friend and thank you for your undying love and devotion. I think the hardest part was hearing you call out Momma just before you took that last breath. I'm so sorry if I have failed you bubba but I am only human and we can never live up to the love that is in the heart of a pet for that is a love that is perfect. The tears roll down my face because I am sad that we can no longer go fishing together, you will not be at my side in the morning when I wake and you will not be by my feet as I sit at the computer and write. I love you bubba. Goodnight.


No comments: