Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Thank you to my friends

Thank you all for your words of encourgement. I am trying to look at things in a positive way but Mickey was my heart and soul. I am having problems sleeping because I am so used to Mickey being there to hold on to. I woke last night and reached over to hug him and he wasn't there. Domino was curled up by my head with is sweet face next to mine but all I could do was cry because I did not have Mickey to hold on to. The other Bostons know I am struggling and each of them has tried to curl up in Mickey's spot but it's not the same. The last two nights I have even had a little red wiener dog curl up next to me trying to make me feel better. Mater has started to bond with me and I do love that sweet face but I know this will take time. My son and his wife had planned to take me to San Antonio this weekend then over to The Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch so I could meet Nancy Parker Simons the sweet woman that runs the rescue ranch in Medina, Texas but now I don't know if I'm up to the trip. My youngest son said they were afraid this would happen when Mickey crossed the bridge. They were afraid I would give up on my quest.
As I write this I realize that hurting is a process of loss and with it we grow. Kinky Friedman invited me up to the ranch so I could see the good works they were doing and I know I told him I would come, so since he has been so good to me with my book I will go this weekend and make a nice donation in Mickey's memory. I will take this sorrow that I feel in my heart and draw strength from the love that Mickey and I shared. He was my constant shadow the strength that I drew on and just because he is not here in body dosn't mean I can waver. I will finish the book that I started to write in Mickey's voice on how to train your human and dedicate it in his memory. Thank you again for your kind words for from them I will draw strength. I have a great future and it was Mickey's love that made me the person that I am today. Our human heart can never measure up to the love that is given to us by our pets. It is a perfection of love in a form we will never truly be able to understand. I love you Mickey and miss your warm little body but I know you are still here with me because I feel your little paws on my heart and I feel your breath in my soul.

Love
Cindy Lou Ruffino

No comments: