Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

And the Days Do Fly

When I decided to return to school to finish my college education I also decided to limit the time I am available for Wal-Mart. I wanted to escape the bakery and management was only willing to allow me to transfer to a part-time position. They have a goal of having 3/4 percent of their work force as part-time employees. I was transferred to Customer Service and designated a part time associate. I lost my life insurance and paid vacation but gained three days a week to devote to class work.
I admit this helps because I have a 4.0 GPA. The problem is those three days do fly. There is a draw back to being part time and limiting your availability. They tend to frown on the unavailable status. Several weeks went by when I was scheduled 4 hours a week. In the end I owed Wal-Mart for my health insurance. My hours have picked up and they have me scheduled 4 days a week. I miss all the extra days I had off. Today is Wednesday and I am scheduled to appear in the morning. In a way I cringe because I have so much I want to do. Those days do fly.

No comments: