Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Saturday, April 24, 2010

As the wind blows

After climbing into bed last night I fell asleep fairly fast. I figure it is because I was a little worn out from the long day. We tend to be early risers. Around 11pm the winds began to blow. I lay there listening to the crash of our tin Texas flag being forced into the fence by a strong gust. John jumped up to close the vent in the sitting area as a huge clatter and what sounded like glass breaking filled the air. "What the heck was that" I questioned. He shrugs his shoulders and replies "I think it was cat's bowl” I silently hoped cat had found a safe place from the storm. There wasn't a lot of rain mostly wind and thunder. We spent the rest of the night dozing off and on as one wave after another blew through.
We both slid out of bed around 3:30 am weary from the intermittent sleep. Hoping it had passed I switched on the computer only to be startled by the rumbling outside. I was looking forward to a hot shower. Now I will have to rush through because I hate showering when the sky is rumbling. I could imagine standing there naked with conditioner in my long hair and soap on my body as a sleek bolt of lightning slices through the little tin roof and cooks me right there. I remember as a child my mother would usher us into the hall and turn off all the lights every time it thundered. To her every thunderstorm was a hurricane. The news media doesn’t help any with their over sensationalized reports of hail, tornadoes and severe thunderstorms. I know they are only warning us of the possibilities of what may happen. The problem is when the storms turn out to be less than what they warn us of we slowly tune them out. I love to watch the radar at weather.com. At least I see what’s coming as it comes. Just let the wind blow.

No comments: