Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Break out the paints

After the rush to get things ready for the Burnet Bluebonnet Festival I decided I would take the time out of my busy schedule and just paint a picture for myself today. I painted a green background on a small canvas but had not decided what I would paint over it.

Since this is Domino's month to be the background on my computer I found a great picture of him with a green background. I decided to set up my easel and break out the paints today and paint Domino on the canvas. The problem is once I paint one of the BT's in my life I want to keep it. That tends to be tough because I really don't have a place to display my work.
Last month I painted a cute little BT on a pink back ground that I named Kissy. I decided to send that painting to the Greater Houston Boston Terrier Rescue to auction off. They are such great people to save so many deserving Boston Terriers.

I look at the pictures of some of the rescues and my heart breaks. I cannot fathom how anyone can mistreat any animal let alone a Boston Terrier. I am trying to heal after losing Mickey, Domino and Mater in just under a year and a half. Adopting Candy was great but we all know how the female BT loves the men so Candy stole my boyfriend.

Someday I will see that little boy that needs me and I will open up these arms and let him in. Until then I just look at the sweet little faces as my eyes mist over.

Now I need to paint. That is the one therapy that helps me no matter what the problem is.

No comments: