Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Friday, April 23, 2010

The trail Beckonds

When I first met Sgt John I was in the adventure mode. I wanted to explore the Hill Country then the rest of the world. He invited me on a great hike then was surprised I made it. I am not really built for rock climbing. Sometimes I feel like I am not even built to walk. Spending the majority of my day on my feet has caused problems with them. I do my stretches but the pain is still there. Most of the time it is bearable but there are times where I wish for a sedative.
The other day the Sarge reminded me of a goal he wanted to complete and had asked me to accompany him on. His goal is to hike the Appalachian Trail. This is no small feat. The Appalachian Trail begins in Georgia and ends in Maine. This skinny little man wants soft cushy Cindy Lou to walk from Georgia to Maine that is about 2175 miles.
I am up for adventure but for some reason bells and whistles began ringing in the back of my mind. “Warning Cindy Lou, Warning Cindy Lou” kept repeating over and over. There would be no warm shower in the morning, no soft mattress to lie on at night, no cushy chair to sit at as we ate our meal and no electricity to charge my cell phone.
Being the adventurous one I have started planning the trek. It will take two years to get myself in shape for this journey. Da Sarge plans on leaving for this trek in April 2012. The trek that he planned on taking 4 months to complete will now take him 6 months because he will have a cushy woman slowing him down. It will take time to take pictures and actually stop to smell the roses.
Now I have another plan to work on along with everything else I am working on. At least the journey will begin just after I graduate from College.
What a way to celebrate one accomplishment… by starting another… hey I smell a book here!

No comments: