Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Friday, February 22, 2008

Polly wants arrgghh

Working Customer Service has been an experience for me. The other associates seem to enjoy my antics and I seem to calm the angry customers with my charm. Today someone brought back one of those FurReal animated talking parrots because he had been having issues since Christmas. I made sure that I wrote the bird was having seizures on the claims ticket so the person in charge of logging in all the claims could have a laugh. I wanted to make sure he stayed attached to his perch so I applied packing tape to his feet then wrapped it around the perch.
As I was doing this the bird ask
"What cha doing?"

"Taping you to your perch so it doesn't get lost." I replied

"I'm hungry" He replied so I stuck my finger in his mouth so he could chew imitating being fed.

As I worked to secure him to the perch and secure the claims ticket to his chest I continued to talk to him. Deeply engrossed in the task I did not notice the other associates watching me converse with the mechanical parrot. Once I was through I carried him over to the claims cart as he was having a seizure. The CSM walked by and asked if I was going to miss my new friend. I looked up and answered yes I will be lonely with no one to talk to. She laughed and walked off.
This was not a big thing for me I am used to entertaining my coworkers I have done so at many jobs. I look at life as one funny thing after another and frankly I enjoy working at Wal-Mart because there is always something happening somewhere in the store.
A fellow associate informed me today that I should do a stand up act because I was entertaining. I replied no I don't do stand up I just do real life so maybe Wal-Mart should package me up and sell me like the Fur Real Pets.

I chatted with a British lady as I worked on the Money Gram she was sending to her son. We talked about her wanting to become a citizen but always found something more interesting to spend the money on. Now she was ready to become a citizen because she felt America was her country and she wanted a voice. I told her I did too so I thought of running for office but the pay was not enough for the headache so I would stay at Wal-Mart. We laughed and joked about all types of things including men and what we wanted in a beau. We agreed to shop for each other but then she said hey if I find one that you will like I might just keep him for myself because a man like that might be fun. My reply "He'd be hell on wheels" Laughing she walked off and said that's just what I need.
I guess that means I will have to shop for my own man. Then as my night ended I walked out to my truck to find a little note attached to my windshield wipers. "If you are interested in selling your truck please call........
Well I don't know what to make of that.

No comments: