Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Breast Cancer Awareness Month Show Your Pink



          With this being Breast Cancer Awareness Month everywhere you look there will be Pink merchandise displayed saying breast cancer awareness or fight breast cancer. The questions I ask is, how much of this sale go to breast cancer research. Did you know when you buy the pink NFL products less than 10% goes to research? That is a fact that out of every $100 sold only $3.54 goes to fund research.
          Yes the products are pink and they do bring awareness to the problem of breast cancer but the products are filling the wrong pockets. Also there are numerous Breast Cancer Organizations out there so if they do not designates which organization the donation goes to you will not even know if the money is used for research, advertising or promotions. If you want to buy items to help the causes think about going to a breast cancer organization and shopping. Try the Susan G Koman organization or the Breast Cancer Site where money raised goes to fund mammograms for those that cannot afford them. Put your hard earned money to good use. Check to make sure the site that you visit is an actual charity that helps to fund the cause.
          The idea of the Breast Cancer month is to bring awareness of the problem of Breast Cancer in men, women and even that adorable fur baby at your side. Research is needed to help find a cure.  The odds of survival are higher today than they were 10 – 20 years ago but we still have a long way to go.
          With the battle I am facing I can safely say my Christmas tree will probably be covered in pink this year as I prove that strength is the color pink. I have pink boxing gloves and at every chance I get I will punch cancer in the gut. Kicking, scratching and sucker punches are legal and remember I fight like a girl!

No comments: