Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Monday, January 7, 2008

But It's mine

With working a job, writing another story and all the excitement in life I have been one busy person. Elizabeth my daughter in law decided to join 24 Hour Fitness and signed me up right along with herself. I appreciate that because I need to firm up this sagging skin I have developed with the weight loss and age thing. We really enjoy going and I am sitting here now waiting for her to get home from her job so we can swim some laps tonight. The weather has been crazy. It feels weird to be wearing shorts in January but what the hey it's Texas. The first night we were there at midnight peddling away on the stationary bikes then I realized I had to be up at 4:30 am to get to work on time. It didn't matter I made it and worked a full day to come home to head off to the fitness center again.
I have needed the distraction of working out because once again there were fraudulent charges on my bank account. I had only had my new card for one week and had barely used it to pay the electric bill when I checked my bank account to see all my savings were gone. Now I have to wait until the bank investigates. This happened just before Christmas and I lost all the money I had planned to send to the Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch as my Christmas donation. I'm still fighting over that loss. Now someone found a way to get my check card number and bought from some catalog called man alive. Hell I'd love a man alive to call my own but I don't think I'd order him from a catalog.
I had money put to the side so my daughter Kikki and I could go see Kinky Friedman at the Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch Bonefit this coming Saturday but now it doesn't look like we will be going. The money I had started to save for filing the divorce was there so it's gone too. That's okay they will not get me down I will just start putting my money in my lock box instead of the bank until this all gets straightened out. I so wanted to talk to Kinky about The Lady in the Mist.
Last night Elizabeth and I stopped by Kroger after working out so I could say hi to Scott. Of course he was not working so I missed him again. Maybe that one is not meant to be because the last five times I have stopped by he has been gone. I will just have to find someone else to get my hugs from. The people that were there were glad to see me and encouraged me to come back tonight because he would definitely be there. Did I go? No I sat here and worked on my new book . I need to get the first one published and finish the second one because I see them as my bright hope for my future. I see them as what I need to gain my independence. Then this morning I realized that I should have sent Kinky a letter requesting a meeting with him while he was in the Houston area. Now it's too late he will never get the letter in time. Feeling a bit down after this realization my son Justin tried to show me the bright side. He offered "Mom maybe he isn't ready to talk to you yet maybe he isn't through reading it. I believe in karma and you deserve this break so it will come in time."
Justin no one reads that slow not even President Bush.
Now to keep from getting down I am off to the fitness center to huff and puff and lift some weights so I can build up some muscle so I can rope me a cowboy some day. Why do I need muscle for a cowboy? You know those saddles are heavy and I have to be able to throw a bale of hay in the back of my truck again. I miss being a cowgirl.

No comments: