Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Non-Conformist Rule

Today was my daughter Kikki's baby shower so when we headed out to buy last minute items it was my son Justin's girlfriend Sheena driving, myself, my daughter in law Elizabeth, and of course Kikki. We stopped off at Wal-Mart to grab stuff for the veggie plate and as we walked in I looked at the four of us and laughed to my self. We were 48 and somewhat a red head, 28 and dark brown hair, 25 and blonde and a 20 year old raven haired. All of us have long hair and vary in size and coloration. I mentioned to Sheena that we made quite the group walking into Wal-Mart talking about booties and boobies. (Kikki's favorite subjects) Sheena laughed and commented that yeah there was something for every taste.

After grabbing our items we headed over to Kikki's mother in laws home for the shower. Once we arrived and sat down we chatted and had a great time discussing various subjects. Then we noticed that we had separated into two groups. There was the Five Oaks group which included the girls and I plus one of the neighbors in her late twenties then there was the Willow Oaks group that included the older ladies and the mother in law. That was when Kikki said that we were the non-conformist and the older group (which was about the same age as I am) the conformist. That bothered me a bit then I realized that maybe Kikki was right I do not conform to the standards expected of someone my age. I act and think much younger but this is because I spend so much time with people in their twenties. Is that a bad thing being able to relate with some one half your age? Is it a bad thing to feel and act much younger than the chronological age you are? I hope not because I am happy that I see the glass half full and I am glad that I can relate to younger people which means I have not forgotten what it was like to be that age. I do not have a problem relating to someone my age but I grow tired of their way of thinking sometimes. I feel you are only as old as you allow yourself to feel. If you want to feel like your old then that is your business but I want to enjoy my life all the way to the end so I do not think or act to a way that is limited to age. Please do not tell me I can not do something because I am too old because I feel that is too limiting and I have limited my life for too long and now I feel it is time to live, learn, laugh and love. I will not give up because the road ahead seems steep and rocky. I will not give up because it is hard and lonely. I will not give up because the world throws me a curve ball. I will just stand there and swing away until I hit a home run because that is what living is. Living is getting up and taking the world at it's best head on. Like I read in one of Kinky Friedman's books Living is spurring hard, hanging on tight and lettin' her buck. Dieing is simply letting go of the saddle horn. I plan on riding that pony called life no matter how hard she bucks and I'm not letting go of that saddle horn. Like I tell them at work when I am in a good mood and the rest of them are tired. Hey I'm here so deal with me. I have been asleep in my own life for far too long and now that I am awake look out world here I come!

No comments: