Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Monday, January 21, 2008

Where am I headed?

Someone asked me a good question today. We were talking about the big changes I had made in my life in the past year and all that I had accomplished and what I was currently working on. The older couple was nice and amazed at what a person could do once they put their mind to it. The gentleman discussed introducing me to one of his friends in his early sixties when I said I love the older gentleman with their salt and pepper hair. I laughed and told him when I was ready for that step I would definitely let him know.
He told me I was just chicken and I really think he is right. Actully I think maybe I am afraid of getting into another relationship. We discussed the manuscript I had finished and the sequel that I was working on and he loved the intrigue in the Case of the Dead Husband and the ideas I had in the direction it would take. That was when he asked for my phone number so he could pass it on to his friend and I told him I was staring at Wal-Mart for the next few months so he could drop by and say hello there. That was when his wife asked me once I was a well known person how I would feel about being in the tabloids like Brittany Spears. I explained that I was not one to go to those extremes and besides I did not want to hurt my chances of running for Governor which really gave them something to talk about so I told them of my plans for Texas.
They were thrilled but then I had to burst their bubble by telling them no I wasn't running but I did feel the best man for the job was Kinky Friedman and suggested they vote for him in 2010. That was when they asked if I was working in his campaign and I laughed. I explained right now I would be happy just getting an answer out of the booger about The Mystery of the Lady in the Mist but I would definitely campaign for him I felt that strong about his capabilities. Once I was sure I had their votes we changed the subject back to my plans for the future.
Like I explained I wanted to move as far as I could away from the area so the soon to be ex could not make me feel sorry for him and pressure me to return. I asked if they knew of a woman looking for a man because I felt if I found him someone then maybe he would leave me alone. The wife said "Honey I don't think there is another woman alive that would have put up with him for as long as you did."
I agreed.
Talk turned back to their friend but soon changed when I mentioned my perfect man was intelligent, dressed like a Texan with the stetson and the cowboy boots, and sometimes wore overalls. The drinking and smoking thing did not bother me as long as he smoked a pipe or a cigar and not cigarettes. The wife said that suspiciously sounded like Kinky Friedman. I replied I have never seen him in overalls and laughed when I realized she was right. That was when I told her that Kinky was the Texas version of Hugh Hefner that he had women stashed all over the state and I doubted I was his type. She laughed and said if he is the Texas version of Hugh Hefner then any woman is his type. I did not agree on that one. I explained I just wrote fiction and any resemblance is accidentally on purpose. This gave them a good laugh.
I enjoyed the conversation with this couple and hated to part ways. She mentioned a nephew that lived somewhere west of San Antonio that was single and needed a good woman so she was going to go home and find his picture as they walked away. Shaking my head I walked over to my truck to unlock the door when they drove up and rolled the window down so they could comment on my taste in classic trucks and older men. My response was I like my men and trucks like I like my cheese and whiskey ....aged. As they were about to drive away they called out the window
"See ya later Governor"

Meeting couples like that makes my day so much brighter. I guess that is why I enjoy my job so much because you meet so many types of people and the conversations are such fun. When they return to the store then drop by your register to say hello or get in your line just to talk to you it makes life so wonderful.
I don't know where my life is headed but there is one thing I do know my future is bright and I have forward momentum going here. What is in the past will stay in the past because it has no place in the future. I have learned my life's lessons and I am ready to face the unknown that is ahead of me with open eyes and an eagerness that pulls me forward.
Let's just say that I am an intelligent woman with a great future and if there is a man out there that I am destined to be with then woooo whooo he better be prepared because I am on the way.

No comments: