Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Friday, January 25, 2008

Who is your best friend?

Who is your best friend?

I have taken the time to look at my friends and acquaintances. They all vary in age and backgrounds. Some I talk to every day and others on rare occasions. Do you call those that you see rarely friends? I have a lot of online friends that I talk to nearly everyday and a few friends that live close by that I rarely talk to. There is something wrong with this picture. Is my life so busy that I don't have time for face to face interactions? I include my daughter, my sons, and their girls as my friends because I share my life with them, respect their opinion and enjoy the time spent with them.
If I had to pick just one to be my best friend I would have to say that my dog Mickey D is my best friend. I live my life for him but lately I have began to grow away from him a bit with work and the whole writing the great American novel thing. I have started going out and heading off in a different direction all together. It used to be that I would turn down opportunities because he could not come along. Now I strive to do new things and talk with new people leaving poor Mickey at home to cry for me in my absence. This breaks my heart to write about it because it makes me feel like I have a cold heart.
I think the whole thing is I am growing in a direction that I have not previously been and do not know how to incorporate my past life with my future. I admit I am thrilled that I have great things ahead of me and I am grateful for the past which has taught me many lessons. Maybe I am looking at this to analytically. Maybe Mickey will still be my best friend in this new adventure I call a life but he will no longer be my center. Needless to say Mickey I love ya bubba you have been my light in the darkness. I love you Mickey you have been the love that has seen me through. You are still my best friend and I live for you.

No comments: