Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY My Truck has a bed

Yesterday I took my daughter Kikki to her doctors appointment and heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time. I still can't believe she is having a baby. Today was my day off so I was just being lazy. I stayed in bed with Mickey all snuggled up next to me and I had my arm around him holding him close. He was snoring away while Domino lay on my pillow above my head snoring in my ear. It was nice to just veg out with the two of them. When I slid out of bed I decided to make a couple homemade Holiday cards for a select few people. Now that Josh and Elizabeth are living in my craft room my crafting stuff is scattered everywhere so it was difficult to find what I needed. While I was looking for my glue I heard someone using the saw in the living room. I thought to myself I hope they have the sense to clean up the sawdust.
After awhile Kikki came over and ask for a ride to Wal-Mart so she could buy groceries. I told her let me shower and I will take you because I need to get one of those padded envelope for this card I'm making for Nancy, Tony, Kinky and all the people at The Utopia Animal Rescue Ranch. When I jumped in the shower she left but left the three puppies running lose so I had to be careful when I climbed out of the shower. When I dressed and headed for the door Elizabeth was on the computer and she said you can't leave Josh is doing something to your truck. Surprised I went out side to hear my son grinding away on something toward the back of my truck. I walked over to see all the wood cut for my bed and all the stuff needed to put it in lying in the driveway.
I was so excited I could just hug him. I didn't hug him though he handed me a pair of vice grips and said come on and help me. I looked up at the beautiful blue sky and said sure it's a gorgeous Texas day lets work on my truck.
We spent the afternoon getting off the old screws and placing the new wood and rails in. After breaking a dill bit we were almost through when we ran out of washers. Once we were through we stood back to look at the work that we had done and we were both grinning from ear to ear. I must say my truck looks so pretty with a wood bed.
One of the men from the other side of the neighborhood was driving by and stopped to tell us how good my truck looked. He asked if the asshole husband had left and I answered no he is making me leave. That made him mad but like I told him I have a great future and I have a positive outlook so I will not let him break me besides right now I'm excited because I have a bed in my truck so now I can put stuff in the back. He replied yeah stuff like your clothes and belongings so you can move on with your life. My reply "Exactly"

We finally made it to Wal-Mart and this time Kikki wasn't burried beneath her groceries because they rode in the back of my truck on my new wood bed.

No comments: