Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Monday, December 17, 2007

Not sure how to take it.

I had an interesting conversation with a nice gentleman today as I worked. I should have known it was going to be a memorable conversation from the get go. It went like this.
Customer starts unloading his cart.
Are you open?

Yes sir just waiting for you.

Great don't go over five dollars.

Scanned first item 4.98...."OOps I'm sorry I just went over $5.

Oh oh now you did it your in trouble just wait until I get up there.

Laughing and shaking my head. (Thinking this guy is a hoot)

He approaches the register.

"How are you today?" I ask as I do with nearly everyone that comes through my line.

"I great how about you?"

"Oh I'm wonderful"

"Yes I know that I believe I read that somewhere."

"Okay that's good to know so where did you read it?"

"I believe it was on the men's room wall somewhere in Paris. Hum I think it was the Eiffel Tower."

"Wow that's a good one I've never been out of Texas."

"You know good news travels the fastest and you are wonderful"

"Wow I'm famous"

"Yes and your fabulous. Now what am I going to do about you going over $5?"

"Heck if I know, maybe Wal-Mart should give me commission."

"Cindy Lou wow did you know you're my second favorite red head?"

"No I didn't even know I was a red head."

"Cindy Lou"

"Man I love this Wal-Mart and the friendly customers that come through here. Did you know that it's people like you that make this job so great?"

"Thank you Cindy and you have a wonderful day and Merry Christmas."

"Oh I will have a great day I always do and Merry Christmas to you."

The nice man left leaving me with a great smile actually I already had the smile it was just a little bigger. The next lady in line smiled and said keep up that attitude it will take you a long way in life your a joy to be around.
What can I say I love the store I work in and the nice people that come through.

No comments: