Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Missed Photo ops

Driving to work yesterday I was ready to kick my self for not carrying my camera with me. There was a frost on the ground and I passed up such beautiful pictures as I drove. The first scene was the Hildebrant hay field just up the street. It was covered with the white frost and it looked beautiful. Then as I headed down Gosling and crossed Willow Creek I was hit with another great picture of both banks covered with frost and a couple of deer standing there watching traffic as it went by. The sight that caught my breath the most was the new Brick wall marking the entrance to the Woodlands at Creek side Village just before you cross over into Montgomery County at Spring Creek. The statues of the deer bounding through the high grass was breath taking with the frost covering the high grass. I mumbled to myself at my disappointment in missing such great pictures to ad to my portfolio. The last sight I saw that would have been a great picture was just before I crossed over Lake Woodlands there at the edge of the Golf Course there was a gathering of about fifteen buzzards. I would have called that The Gathering. I need to start taking my camera with me so I can catch theses pictures when I can.

Since this was my day off I took out my camera equipment only to realize that my batteries were dead in my Canon EOS Digital. Then when I came into the living room to turn on the computer I looked over at my Canon Powershot. All I could think was what a waste I have such great camera equipment and I don't take the time to use it. Tomorrow I will get up early and hopefully I will be able to drive around and find the shots I'm looking for. I enjoy my writing but I need to get back out into the outdoors that I love and start snapping those shots that will help me build my portfolio. I have also made a decision that will make Elizabeth my daughter-in-law happy. I keep saying I am moving far away this summer but if my plans fail and I am here in the fall I am returning to college to take a few classes hopefully toward my degree in Graphic Arts if not the old Journalism one I was working on before.

I still have a strong feeling that I will be gone from here by the summer but it is nice to have a back up plan. I just find it sad that in order for me to have the peace in my life that I want I have to move far away from Tommy to get it. Then all I need is a place to live that I can afford and a job that pays enough to support my BT trio and myself. That is not too much to ask for. I just want to put hundreds of miles between us so he can't bother me any longer just as long as I stay in Texas that's all that really matters. I know my kids are mad at me for wanting to move far away but they are all adults and they do have their own lives. Once they see that we can still be close no matter how great the distance they will be okay.

It is my turn to live my life for me and no Tommy it's never too late. I may be 48 years old but I have a heart that still beating and lungs that still breathe so as long as I'm upright and motivated I have plenty of time to live my life. The great thing is I have a lot to offer this world so get outta my way man and let me go. I have a lot to make up for.

No comments: