Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Where do dreams come from?

Have you ever wondered where dreams come from? I wonder quite often because some of my dreams are a bit on the weird side like the dream where I was at an automotive supply store waiting to work on my truck and Toby Keith was there. When it came my time to work on my truck I was told I had to strip down to my underwear and have protective oil rubbed on my body. I was quite embarrassed but not as bad as when I realized that Toby was going to be the one rubbing the oil on my body. When I woke from that dream I was thoroughly confused. I have had other dreams with Toby and I will just say that Toby scares me.

There are many theories about dreams and where they come from but I don't know which way to believe. I have had some really wild ones and have written down a few for future book ideas. This past summer after the Toby dream I noticed having more and more strange dreams centering around one person so I used the dreams to write The Mystery of the Lady in the Mist. I'm not sure where these dreams came from but I do know they were entertaining to say the least. In this quite scary dream I was snatched from my truck by a man that was out to kill me. Once I had escaped from his clutches I ended up at Kinky Friedman's door with amnesia. I will not tell you what happens because you must wait for the book to come out to read the story. Before this particular dream the only thing I really knew about Kinky was what I had read in his novels and the fact that he wanted to be the Governor of Texas. Hell I voted for the guy and if he decides to run again I will volunteer in any way I can to help get him elected. I feel he is what this state needs. I don't know how much of the stuff he wrote was fiction but I must say he seems to be a character.

The wild dreams have slowed down a bit but I still get the Quintin Tarentino movie trailer dream every now and then so I just get up and write down what I can remember then turn over and try to get back to sleep. I will never forget the day I awoke from that scary dream hanging on the head board gasping for breath and my heart pounding away in my chest as if were about to explode. I sat there trying to catch my breath and slow my heart rate then mumbled "What in the hell was that?"
Thanks for the Dreams.

No comments: