Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Saturday, December 22, 2007

work work work

With Christmas just around the bend I have been putting in the hours at Wal-Mart. I am amazed at how so many people wait until the last minute to do their shopping. I of course am in such a great mood all the time I have been able to cheer all the frazzled nerves that come through. When some one says this is it I'm done I make sure I say Wooo Whoo for them and that usually cracks them up.
Yesterday I had a great surprise from a very sweet customer. I usually have my share of nice people that come through and say nice things to me but the nice gentleman that came through yesterday blew me away. He started off by commenting on my name saying you don't see Cindy Lou anymore. I replied yep I guess I am one of the remaining few if not the last. I expected a crack about The Grinch that Stole Christmas but he said I like that name Cindy Lou it's reminiscent of the Buddy Holly era. I was surprised and said wow most people don't know about Peggy Sue actually being written for a Cindy Lou. He replied well now I'm showing my age. I laughed and said we both are. The as he stood there and gave me a long look he began to sing to me. He sang Peggy Sue using Cindy Lou as it was originally written. I was so taken by this gesture I was unsure of what I should do so I just stood there and smiled at the sweet man. One of the other cashiers was commenting wow your being serenaded. He said I guess I just made a fool of myself . My reply oh no I enjoyed that thoroughly you have such a great singing voice. Thank you so much you just gave me the nicest gift anyone has ever given me. He left with a sweet smile plastered on his face and I grinned through the rest of the day. I don't care how many people come through my line I will never forget that sweet gesture from that sweet man.

No comments: