Cindy with Candy and Chesty P

Cindy with Candy and Chesty P
My beautiful babies

Monday, December 10, 2007

Smoke em if you got em

I must say I'm not a smoker myself but I love the aroma of a good cigar or pipe tobacco. For some reason the CSM has placed me on the express checkout for the last few days which is the only place in Wal-Mart that you can buy tobacco. I have thoroughly pissed off a couple of people when I ask for an I.D. because I can't tell if they look over 40 or not. I just follow the rules I don't make them.
Today I ended up in a discussion with a nice lady about the terrible smell of cigarettes. She did not agree with me on the aroma of pipe tobacco and cigars but I explained maybe she was smelling cheap cigars. I explained to her that my love for the aroma of a pipe or good cigar came from the fact that my grandfather smoked a pipe and a cigar plus the only thing I had ever seen my father smoke was a cigar someone had given him in celebration to the birth of a child plus he smoked these while we sat on the swing in the back yard and discussed what ever the topic was at the time. I was totally a daddy's girl.
She told me that it was great that I was a non smoker but I explained that I had been known to smoke a Swisher Sweet when I was drinking hard liquor. I don't know why I preferred to smoke the little cherry flavored cigars when I drank it was just something my sister and I used to do when we were younger and I still did it from time to time. Just this past October my kids decided to have a bonfire and I sat there to the delight of one of their friends taking shots of whiskey, smoking my little swisher sweets and licking my lips as I watched the flames dance across the wood.
I must admit I'm not your average mom, hell I'm not even anywhere close to your average woman, but I like to do things my way.
After the customer and I ended our conversation a nice older gentleman walked up wearing overalls and a cowboy hat. My smile widened a bit because I love a man in overalls and I love a cowboy so there was two of my favorite things rolled in one standing right in front of me. When he pulled out a cigar and placed it in his mouth as he reached into his pocket to pull out his money my smile widened even farther. The lady looked at my grin and ask if that was love or lust she saw in my eyes. I must say I was a bit embarrassed so I gave her my patented excuse.
"That's not lust you see sparkling in my eyes that's the barley and hops from my beer." She left laughing but the poor gentleman in the hat and overalls was lost to what the joke was to begin with when he stated that this particular Wal-Mart did not sell beer.

No comments: